Cinchapi Inc. Terms of Service
Last Updated: May 17, 2018
The Following Terms Of Service (These “TOS”) Shall Be Deemed Incorporated By Reference Into Each Order (As Defined Below) Between Cinchapi Inc. A Delaware Corporation And The Licensee Identified Therein (“licensee”).
Your right to access and use the service (as defined below), whether or not an order has been executed between Cinchapi and you (or an entity that you represent), is expressly conditioned on acceptance of these TOS. By accessing or using the service, you agree to be bound and abide by these TOS. If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity, its affiliates and all users (as defined below) who access the service on behalf of such company or entity to these TOS, in which case the terms "You" or "Your" shall refer to such entity, its affiliates and users associated with such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with these TOS, you may not use the services.
- SaaS Services And Support. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Cinchapi will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Customer the Services. As part of the registration process, Customer will identify an administrative user name and password for Customer’s Cinchapi account. Cinchapi reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel passwords it deems inappropriate.
- Restrictions and Responsibilities.
- Customer will not, directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas, know-how or algorithms relevant to the Services or any software, documentation or data related to the Services (“Software”); modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services or any Software (except to the extent expressly permitted by Cinchapi or authorized within the Services); use the Services or any Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third; or remove any proprietary notices or labels. With respect to any Software that is distributed or provided to Customer for use on Customer premises or devices, Cinchapi hereby grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use such Software during the Term only in connection with the Services.
- Further, Customer may not remove or export from the United States or allow the export or re-export of the Services, Software or anything related thereto, or any direct product thereof in violation of any restrictions, laws or regulations of the United States Department of Commerce, the United States Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control, or any other United States or foreign agency or authority. As defined in FAR section 2.101, the Software and documentation are “commercial items” and according to DFAR section 252.2277014(a)(1) and (5) are deemed to be “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation.” Consistent with DFAR section 227.7202 and FAR section 12.212, any use modification, reproduction, release, performance, display, or disclosure of such commercial software or commercial software documentation by the U.S. Government will be governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and will be prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by the terms of this Agreement.
- Customer represents, covenants, and warrants that Customer will use the Services only in compliance with Cinchapi’s standard published policies then in effect (the “Policy”) and all applicable laws and regulations. Customer hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Cinchapi against any damages, losses, liabilities, settlements and expenses (including without limitation costs and attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim or action that arises from an alleged violation of the foregoing or otherwise from Customer’s use of Services. Although Cinchapi has no obligation to monitor Customer’s use of the Services, Cinchapi may do so and may prohibit any use of the Services it believes may be (or alleged to be) in violation of the foregoing.
- Customer shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment and ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, servers, software, operating systems, networking, web servers and the like (collectively, “Equipment”). Customer shall also be responsible for maintaining the security of the Equipment, Customer account, passwords (including but not limited to administrative and user passwords) and files, and for all uses of Customer account or the Equipment with or without Customer’s knowledge or consent.
- Confidentiality and Proprietary Rights.
- Each party (the “Receiving Party”) understands that the other party (the “Disclosing Party”) has disclosed or may disclose business, technical or financial information relating to the Disclosing Party’s business (hereinafter referred to as “Proprietary Information” of the Disclosing Party). Proprietary Information of Cinchapi includes non-public information regarding features, functionality and performance of the Service. Proprietary Information of Customer includes non-public data provided by Customer to Cinchapi to enable the provision of the Services (“Customer Data”). The Receiving Party agrees: (i) to take reasonable precautions to protect such Proprietary Information, and (ii) not to use (except in performance of the Services or as otherwise permitted herein) or divulge to any third person any such Proprietary Information. The Disclosing Party agrees that the foregoing shall not apply with respect to any information after five (5) years following the disclosure thereof or any information that the Receiving Party can document (a) is or becomes generally available to the public, or (b) was in its possession or known by it prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party, or (c) was rightfully disclosed to it without restriction by a third party, or (d) was independently developed without use of any Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party or (e) is required to be disclosed by law.
- Customer shall own all right, title and interest in and to the Customer Data. Cinchapi shall own and retain all right, title and interest in and to (a) the Services and Software, all improvements, enhancements or modifications thereto, (b) any software, applications, inventions or other technology developed in connection with Implementation Services or support, (c) any data that is based on or derived from the Customer Data and provided to Customer as part of the Service and (d) all intellectual property rights related to any of the foregoing.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Cinchapi shall have the right collect and analyze data and other information relating to the provision, use and performance of various aspects of the Services and related systems and technologies (including, without limitation, information concerning Customer Data and data derived therefrom), and Cinchapi will be free (during and after the term hereof) to (i) use such information and data to improve and enhance the Services and for other development, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with the Services and other Cinchapi offerings, and (ii) disclose such data solely in aggregate or other de-identified form in connection with its business. No rights or licenses are granted except as expressly set forth herein.
- Payment of Fees.
- Customer will pay Cinchapi the then applicable fees described in the Order Form for the Services and Implementation Services in accordance with the terms therein (the “Fees”). If Customer’s use of the Services exceeds the Service Capacity set forth on the Order Form or otherwise requires the payment of additional fees (per the terms of this Agreement), Customer shall be billed for such usage and Customer agrees to pay the additional fees in the manner provided herein. Cinchapi reserves the right to change the Fees or applicable charges and to institute new charges and Fees at the end of the Initial Service Term or then current renewal term, upon thirty (30) days prior notice to Customer (which may be sent by email). If Customer believes that Cinchapi has billed Customer incorrectly, Customer must contact Cinchapi no later than 60 days after the closing date on the first billing statement in which the error or problem appeared, in order to receive an adjustment or credit. Inquiries should be directed to Cinchapi’s customer support department.
- Cinchapi may choose to bill through an invoice, in which case, full payment for invoices issued in any given month must be received by Cinchapi thirty (30) days after the mailing date of the invoice. Unpaid amounts are subject to a finance charge of 1.5% per month on any outstanding balance, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection and may result in immediate termination of Service. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes associated with Services other than U.S. taxes based on Cinchapi’s net income.
- Term and Termination.
- Subject to earlier termination as provided below, this Agreement is for the Initial Service Term as specified in the Order Form, and shall be automatically renewed for additional periods of the same duration as the Initial Service Term (collectively, the “Term”), unless either party requests termination at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then-current term.
- In addition to any other remedies it may have, either party may also terminate this Agreement upon thirty (30) days’ notice (or without notice in the case of nonpayment), if the other party materially breaches any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Customer will pay in full for the Services up to and including the last day on which the Services are provided. Upon any termination, Cinchapi will make all Customer Data available to Customer for electronic retrieval for a period of thirty (30) days, but thereafter Cinchapi may, but is not obligated to, delete stored Customer Data. All sections of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, accrued rights to payment, confidentiality obligations, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
- Warranty and Disclaimer. Cinchapi shall use reasonable efforts consistent with prevailing industry standards to maintain the Services in a manner which minimizes errors and interruptions in the Services and shall perform the Implementation Services in a professional and workmanlike manner. Services may be temporarily unavailable for scheduled maintenance or for unscheduled emergency maintenance, either by Cinchapi or by third-party providers, or because of other causes beyond Cinchapi’s reasonable control, but Cinchapi shall use reasonable efforts to provide advance notice in writing or by e-mail of any scheduled service disruption. However, Cinchapi Does Not Warrant That The Services Will Be Uninterrupted Or Error Free; Nor Does It Make Any Warranty As To The Results That May Be Obtained From Use Of The Services. Except As Expressly Set Forth In This Section, The Services And Implementation Services Are Provided “as Is” And Cinchapi Disclaims All Warranties, Express Or Implied, Including, But Not Limited To, Implied Warranties Of Merchantability And Fitness For A Particular Purpose And Non-infringement.
- Indemnity. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates and licensors, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, and representatives from and against any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to any third party claim concerning: (a) your use of the Services (including any activities under your account and use by your employees and personnel); (b) breach of this Agreement or violation of applicable law by you; or (c) your data or the combination of your data with other applications, content or processes, including any claim involving alleged infringement or misappropriation of third-party rights by your data or by the use, development, design, production, advertising or marketing of your data. If we or our affiliates are obligated to respond to a third party subpoena or other compulsory legal order or process described above, you will also reimburse us for reasonable legal fees, as well as our employees’ and contractors’ time and materials spent responding to the third party subpoena or other compulsory legal order or process at our then-current hourly rates. We will promptly notify you of any claim subject to this Section, but our failure to promptly notify you will only affect your obligations to the extent that our failure prejudices your ability to defend the claim. You may: (a) use counsel of your own choosing (subject to our written consent) to defend against any claim; and (b) settle the claim as you deem appropriate, provided that you obtain our prior written consent before entering into any settlement.
- Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding Anything To The Contrary, Except For Bodily Injury Of A Person, Cinchapi And Its Suppliers (Including But Not Limited To All Equipment And Technology Suppliers), Officers, Affiliates, Representatives, Contractors And Employees Shall Not Be Responsible Or Liable With Respect To Any Subject Matter Of This Agreement Or Terms And Conditions Related Thereto Under Any Contract, Negligence, Strict Liability Or Other Theory: (A) For Error Or Interruption Of Use Or For Loss Or Inaccuracy Or Corruption Of Data Or Cost Of Procurement Of Substitute Goods, Services Or Technology Or Loss Of Business; (B) For Any Indirect, Exemplary, Incidental, Special Or Consequential Damages; (C) For Any Matter Beyond Cinchapi’s Reasonable Control; Or (D) For Any Amounts That, Together With Amounts Associated With All Other Claims, Exceed The Fees Paid By Customer To Cinchapi For The Services Under This Agreement In The 12 Months Prior To The Act That Gave Rise To The Liability, In Each Case, Whether Or Not Cinchapi Has Been Advised Of The Possibility Of Such Damages.
- Miscellaneous. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by Customer except with Cinchapi’s prior written consent. Cinchapi may transfer and assign any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement without consent. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and Customer does not have any authority of any kind to bind Cinchapi in any respect whatsoever. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees. All notices under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service; and upon receipt, if sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The parties shall work together in good faith to issue at least one mutually agreed upon press release within 90 days of the Effective Date, and Customer otherwise agrees to reasonably cooperate with Cinchapi to serve as a reference account upon request.